Thursday, June 7, 2012

At the Pit Stop

June 08, 2012 - FRIDAY
I said I didn't want to write about any guy in particular but here I am, writing about him and the memories I'm left with.




I don't know why but for some apparent reason, every 7th day of the month, I get all melodramatic. It starts just a few days before the 7th and would last until a couple of days. The first few months were hard, knowing by heart that there is no longer an occasion to celebrate. Then eventually it got easier, the day would come and I would just preoccupy myself. Now it happens subconsciously. All of the sudden my mood goes rolling down hill and I only come to realize why once I notice what date it is.


Has that ever happened to any of you? I honestly cannot tell if I'm just being dramatic about all of this or if this whole thing affected the heck out of me and even though I try so hard to out run it, it still catches up to me.


I still believe in him and I still stand firm that what he did was the righteous thing to do. Yes we only lasted for a couple of months, but I know it was sincere. We honestly loved each other. But I guess I was never the one for him. He was meant to be hers, period. I was just a pit stop he needed to be able to get back on the track. I repaired him, took care of him, filled in what he needed at that time, maintained him. But just as a race car gets back to it's original route after being repaired, he did too. He went back to her, and it was alright. From day one I always knew he would. He never had it in him to desert her. And that made me love him even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment